Sunday 11 June 2017

Nerd Church - No-One Wins

How do we even define victory in 2017?

Because I'm not sure I know any more. No-one wins.





frowny face pic






I don't just mean in the British election - although, there was no least-worst option there.

I mean overall. No-one wins. We're all lost and headed nowhere fast.

(Except for the Nazis - and they're the ones we don't want to win.)








When I was a kid/tween/teen - several life-times ago, and also only yesterday - I listened to dystopian rock albums*:

  • Green Day's American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown

  • Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight

  • My Chemical Romance's Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.




*Honestly, I still listen to them. #ShesARebel.








The thing is - none of us actually wanted these futures to become a reality.

We didn't want these albums to be more relevant now than they were when they were first released 7+ (& in some cases, 10+,) years ago.

The world we were living in was the Post 9/11 sh**-storm of foreign wars and economic crashes.

We could see the potential for things to go downhill fast (like, even more than they already were - which is saying something.)

We didn't actually want them to do that.








I'm not saying we're living in a dystopia. I'm not saying we're entering the apocalypse.

But this world we're living in - this beautiful, terrible, world - it's almost unbelievable. It's almost like a story. Except we're living it.

I don't want to see how close we can come to destruction. I want to stop it before it gets that far.









But here's the thing my nerdlets - when no-one wins, every day is an opportunity for victory.

We're still here. We're still living.

It's not going to be easy. But we have to fight every step of the way for a better life, a better world, a better way.

It's not a sprint - we're in this for the long haul. But every tiny action is worth something, my dear nerdlets, every single one.







Keep hoping. Because we can do this.











Some other Nerd Church posts:







8 comments:

  1. This, Cee, is one of the most motivating posts I've read in a long time. Thank you for making art out of a sh**-storm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever thought about being an inspirational speaker? Seriously Cee, you take such heavy topics and speak so eloquently!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushing intensifies* Thanks so much! :) <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  3. Yes, it's always important to remember there is a lot of hope in the future. It's just so interesting that we make our own predictions for how the world is going to go wrong and thinking of that, we should probably be able to deviate from that path. But we usually end up fulfilling it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... if we could *not* do that, that'd be great!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Cee Arr, this actually made me feel much better today!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!