Friday 3 March 2017

Friday Fics Fix - John's Suit

Last week, I brought you an #ownvoices fanfic about a transgender Loki - this week, I bring you an #ownvoices fanfic about a transgender John Watson.




Friday Fics Fix title image




See? Fanfiction gives me hope for the future of this bizarre little planet.

We need fic-writers; they are the future.

(Fangirling note: #ownvoices is a movement where stories about marginalised groups are written by members of that marginalised group.)






corner image


'We need fic-writers; they are the future'. Click to Tweet











This is a short fic about John getting ready to go out on a date, and being unhappy about the way his suit fits.

The perspective of a transgender man is not one we get to see from often, and, my dear nerdlets, it's a perspective that's well worth hearing.







What's also interesting about this fic is that it pairs John with Jim Moriarty.

Maybe that's not that interesting to any non-Sherlockians among you, but I can safely say that this is one of the less common pairings in Sherlock fanfiction.












Right, I can't really say much more, because it's so short I'll end up with spoilerage everywhere. And that just gets messy.

But it's interesting, well-written, and well worth the read.

Warning: there are homophobic and transphobic slurs mentioned in the text.








This week's fic then is:

Reflection by ChosenOfAshursha




Enjoy! I'll be back to save the world, one fic at a time, next week!









Like this post? Try these:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!