Wednesday 14 December 2016

Blog Update - FYI, My Nerdlets, This Is What's Happening

Just to let you guys know, I'll be cutting down a little on the amount I post per week (not a lot, promise!)








Blog admin and commenting back on other people's blogs is taking up more of my time, and I'm busy with work - I'm self-employed, so I need to focus on work when I, y'know, actually have it.





That said, I'm still going to be posting a lot and faffing about on social media plenty, it's just that I'll be posting 4-5 times per week instead of 7 (and I think you can live with that, yeah?)

I'll also be reducing my blogging over Christmas - but I'll still pop in every now and then, promise ;)





This is more of a re-organising than a reducing, I'm hoping to give myself more time while improving the quality of the content I post - and that way, everyone wins.

I hope you continue to support Diary of a Reading Addict (DORA) and that you're as excited as I am to see what 2017 brings :)

Honestly, this year (while being a dumpster fire politically,) has been one of amazing growth on DORA, and I'm so thankful to all of you!

I also hope you understand that I have a habit of pushing myself too far - to the extent of actual exhaustion, and a hugely negative affect on my depression - and this is a way of me stopping myself, slowing down, and putting my health first, before I get to that stage.






I love you guys, and I'll still be in your faces probably more than you want me to be - but I need to calm things down a bit! ;)









Go out and be awesome guys! I'll still be here when you get back ;)





10 comments:

  1. Take all the time you need! Maybe even take a week or two off as a break to just regroup, chill, catch up on real life work, and do whatever else you need to do? Hope you feel refreshed soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I just need to cut down from 7 posts a week because it's not workable any more - I still want to blog quite a bit, because it definitely helps with the depression, but I know that I don't have the time or the energy to post every single day, so I'm just reducing the number of posts I write per week :)

      Delete
  2. Do what makes you happy and comfortable! Whatever you post will still be the best no matter how frequent you post! Hope you can refresh and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And that's really sweet! (Probably incorrect, but really sweet!) :)

      I'm fine - I just need to slow down before I'm not-so-fine! I figure that 4-5 posts per week is still a lot, and will allow me to put more effort into individual posts without having to rush. Like I said - better posts, less time, everyone wins!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dare you suggest posting less for your general health and well-being?

    I'm kidding. I hope you know I'll support you even if you only posted once a week (please don't though because I'd miss my queen then). I can't wait to see what DORA will be offering in 2017 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know <3 because Ely = awesome!

      And I'll def be posting more than once a week! Seriously, blogging is much better for me than not blogging, it's just I know what I'm like, and I'm dangerously close to 'you are doing a stupid amount of cr*p and this is going to hurt you' territory, so now's the time to cool my proverbial jets!

      Ha, now I'm concerned that DORA in 2017 will be a massive disappointment... oh well! XD

      Delete
  5. It's definitely okay to take a little more time to yourself and to work! And try not too push yourself too far -- enjoying it is the most important thing! I also hope 2017 will be just as fun and fruitful for your blog, and maybe a bit more so in the political side of things if it can be possible... would be nice to have good news there too. And anyway, we'll always be here for you <3 I practically disappeared in October/November and readers are still loyal and amazing. LIKE YOU <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!