Friday 2 September 2016

Friday Fics Fix - Crack the Clichés

I like things with a sense of humour about themselves. And that's exactly what this week's fic has.








Alright, rewind a bit -

This week I've been reading crack fiction. I know. I'm going to hell.

(Fangirling note: Crack fiction is a piece of fanfiction so random that the only way the author could've come up with it is by imbibing in none-too-legal substances.)











More specifically, I've been reading Harry Potter crack fiction (ok, there was some Avengers too... what can I say? I'm a Marvel-girl. But the HP sauce is what we're focussing on here.)

Yes, my friends. Harry Potter crack. One of the strongest fixes of fanfiction you will encounter.















Still, as crack goes this is pretty intelligent stuff - a wry and affectionate satire of fanfiction itself, it literally had me laughing out loud.

Not that it doesn't hit a few bum-notes, but I love how self-aware it is, and how comfortable the author is with this gentle mocking of some of the bizarre-ities of fanfiction.






So, for a heap load of random funnies in your day give -

Harry Potter and The Deathly Clichés by TheHandsomeTwin

-a shot.





Enjoy! And come back next week for more fanfiction insanity!






Like this post? Try these:



4 comments:

  1. Ohh so THAT'S what crack fiction means. 😂 Bahaha....I kind of feel like a deluded apple for not figuring that out sooner actually. Ahem. Anyway, least to say I've never read any but it sounds really interesting. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what crack fiction means ;) I don't want to know what you thought it was.

      'Interesting'... yeah... be careful if you're going to be searching for crack fiction. There some stuff you can't un-read. ;)

      Delete
  2. So I had never heard of crack fiction until now and it sounds so funny and strange :D I have to admit, for someone who doesn't read fanfiction you do have me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, be careful. Crack is... well it's batsh** crazy. And you won't always be glad you read the thing ;)

      Delete

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!