Sunday 21 August 2016

Nerd Church - When Are You 'Good Enough?'

Dearest nerdlets, ambition is a great thing to have. It means you wanna follow your dreams - and that's fab.

But dudes, if you're anything like me, you may have a tendency to feel like you're not 'good enough' - no matter how hard you try.










The thing is... we're too hard on ourselves.

As long as we gave it a shot, we should accept that we did do 'good enough.' Who decides what 'enough' is anyway?

Ambition is great. But pushing yourself until it hurts and then being down on yourself that you didn't do 'enough?' Take a break. That's a good way to hurt yourself.

The important bit, my dear nerdlets, is to keep going. Pace yourself. Feel proud of the small achievements. Celebrate every step you manage along the way.





But if you think you're not 'good enough?' That you're not doing 'enough,' not strong 'enough,' not skilled 'enough,' then think of it this way:

Think of your best friend in the world. Think of them being in exactly the same situation you're in now. Would you criticise them? Would you tear them down?






No, 9 times out of 10, you would build them back up again (and the 10th time is reserved for illegal stuff, like drug-dealing; and stupid stuff, like wanting to eat paint.)

So, little nerdlets, let me explain something (something which I need to learn myself):

You are 'good enough.' You just have to believe it.






'Nerd Church' is a weekly post where I blather on and pretend I know what I'm talking about discuss 'issues,' social stuff, and life in general. :)










Like this post? Try these:



4 comments:

  1. I definitely think I'm too hard on myself. I think I need to constantly remind myself that I am good enough, because I am so quick to point out my flaws as opposed to the good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need to be easier on ourselves. Life is hard dammit! No need to make it harder.

      And you my dear are a wonderful human being who never fails to bring a smile to my face, and blogs with a passion and a love for life that I truly admire. Please remember that :) <3

      Delete
  2. Such a good and worthwhile post! Everyone needs to know that they are just good enough. And the saddest thing is that not enough people know this or believe it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!