Saturday 6 August 2016

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

Thanks to the lovely Imogen @ Wandered Souls for the tag! :)








Right, this is going to be fun because I notoriously have trouble picking my favourite anything - which is essentially what this entire tag is about, by the looks of things.

OK, let's give this a shot...










Best Book You’ve Read in 2016:






Argh! I don't know! I've read so many awesome books...

OK, since I need to pick one (instead of, like, 50, or 100...) I'll go with Swan Boy by Nikki Sheehan (UK - US,) because it really is a work of art.


Best Sequel You’ve Read so far in 2016:


I'm going to go with Dead Ice by Laurell K Hamilton (UK - US) which is actually Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, number 24!

If I ever write a series that is still this good after 24 novels I'll have lived the dream guys; 24 books in this series.

(You can check out my review of Dead Ice here.)






New Release That You Haven’t Read Yet But You Want To:


The Fireman by Joe Hill (UK - US.)



Dudes, I need this book - I'm a total Joe Hill junkie and I had the preview (1st 100 pages) of this from the publisher and it's so good!

I NEED IT! SO MUCH!!!!!!!






Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half Of The Year:


OK, I'm cheating here because I've already read this (the perks of book-blogging!) but it's not released until early September so I'm saying that it counts ;P

Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova (UK - US) is a really interesting and uber-absorbing YA about a bruja (Latina witch,) struggling to come to terms with her family's legacy, and her own power.

It's super-good!!!!!






 Newest Fictional Crush:


Don't really have any new fictional crushes *shrugs* - c'est la vie.





Newest Favourite Character:






For this one I'm going with Nina from Nina Is Not OK by Shappi Khorsandi (UK.) Because I love her. She rocks.


A Book That Made You Cry:


I don't cry much at books (because I'm a hard-a*s,) but I will consent that I teared-up a little at Mojo from Swan Boy (UK - US.)

Because that little boy is heart-breaking dammit!






Favourite Book To Film Adaptation:


Erk! Um... I guess Alice Through The Looking Glass or whatever it's official title is - Alice 2. You all know what I mean.

Anyhow, it rocked :) and was a bunch of fun.

(But Goosebumps was also great. And Captain America: Civil War, and X-Men: Apocalypse. Lots of great movies this year, let's be honest!)





Favourite Post You Have Done This Year:


Urk, I don't know! I've literally written over 200 posts in 2016. That makes it kind of difficult to pick.

I'm not saying this to brag, honestly - I just have no freaking clue how to pick a favourite post. So I'm just going to move on to the next question...






What Book You Need To Read By The End of the Year:








Umm... too many! Apart from The Fireman (UK - US,) obv., I'm going to go with Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (UK - US.)

I really want to read this, but I've been having a butt-load of trouble finding a copy in the local library system, and I don't always have the money I'd like to have to spend on books.

But yeah, I need to read this.











Like this post? Try these:





4 comments:

  1. I need to read Aristotle and Dante as well! It looks so uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said - I need to get my grubby little paws on a copy! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you've written over 200 posts in 2016 alone! That's incredible! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!! :) I think I have a blogging addiction, as well as a reading one ;)

      Delete

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!