Thursday 25 August 2016

Comics Wrap-Up - And She Thinks She's Made Of Candy






Graphic Novels




This week I reviewed cotton-candy sweet Disney Kilala Princess, Vol 1 (UK - USA ).





This is a re-release of an old, very popular, series from Tokyopop (for whose resurrection we are all very thankful,) and is uber-cute!

You can read my review here.






Single Issues





I've just finished reading Sun Dragon's Song #1 by Joyce Chng and Kim Miranda - I'll be writing a mini-review of this beautifully-illustrated comic soon :)

(Why a mini-review and not a big, grown-up, full-blown, review? Because it's 24 pages long - a mini-review will be enough, methinks!)






Other Stuff




This week I reviewed the non-fiction book Last Night, A Superhero Saved My Life by Liesa Mignona (Ed.) (UK - USA).








This is a fantastic and beautiful book - not just about superheroes, but about the people who use them for hope, inspiration, and strength.




-0-



Panels - one of the best Comics-devoted blogs/websites out there - is closing. Instead there will be a comics section to their sister site, Book Riot.







Like this post? Try these:






4 comments:

  1. All of those sound amazing! I'm actually reading Kilala Princess right now, I just couldn't not request something that has to do Disney Princesses!! <3 And it's been pretty cute so far :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't know about Panels! It's a shame they're closing :( But I'm glad comic lovers can still enjoy similar content at Book Riot.
    Hey, I noticed that Panels have the exact same ads I do! lol
    I guess it doesn't look too bad. I have gotten used to the huge & ugly ad banners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the plus side, your website hasn't had dubious ads which try to set me up with 'hot Russian women' in weeks! XD

      Delete

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!