Friday 22 July 2016

Friday Fics Fix - Under the Sea, Just Bucky and Me!

There's an AU for everything - I'm sure I've said this before.

(Meh, maybe I haven't said it before. Who can remember any more?)

There's an AU for baristas, werewolves, vampires, colleges... plus that one time when I found a fic which literally had all the things I just mentioned, and more. :)

(Fangirling note: AU = Alternate Universe, of which there are many.)












And this week, I'd like to introduce you to the mermaid AU.

But first, let me level with you - I haven't been able to read as much fanfiction this week as I would've liked to.

So what I've done is pick the best of the handful of fics that I have read this week. Hope you like my selection ;)





There are a lot of mermaid stories out there - for multiple fandoms.

It's honestly not something I would naturally write about, or go out of my way to read, but I've stumbled across more than a few in my fangirling travels.












This week's fic is a Stucky re-telling of The Little Mermaid.

(Fangirling note: As you probably know if you've been anywhere near this blog before, Stucky is the romantic entanglement of Steve 'Captain America' Rogers and Bucky Barnes.)

I'm not kidding.

It's made up of two chapters - chapter 1 is basically the whole story... and chapter 2 is the shameless smut!












Chapter 2 is 18+ only little nerdlets! I have to attempt to preserve what's left of your innocence.

Strangely, chapter 1 is pretty PG. So knock yourselves out with the first part, and show proof-of-age ID at the second ;)




This week's fic is:

In a Palace by the Sea by mylifeisloki



So enjoy the fluffy mermaid-ness (and the smutty mermaid-ness if you're old enough) and I will see you here next week for more fanfiction shenanigans ;)

(And hopefully by next week I'll have had time to read more fanfiction!)








Like this post? Try these:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!