Friday 12 February 2016

The Alternative Valentine's Playlist Part 2 - Unusual Love Songs

So, here's part 2 of my alternative Valentine's playlist: here bright and shiny and new.

Sick of sappy love songs? Here's some alternatives from your dear Cee Arr (me, in case you were wondering) - this post is all about 'unusual' love songs.

'Unusual' love songs - for the purposes of this post at least - are songs about the things that normally mean love: weddings, kisses, love in general; that are slightly off-key, quirky, and/or unexpected. Listen to the lyrics, you'll get it.

Again, this is my personal taste in music - which tends to err on the emo/rock/indie/punk side of things.

There's probably swearing in here somewhere.

The Killers - When You Were Young

'He doesn't look a thing like Jesus...'

 
Panic! At the Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies
 
'But what a shame the poor groom's bride is a whore...'
 

 
Fall Out Boy ft Big Sean - The Mighty Fall
 
"How the mighty fall/ the mighty fall/ how the mighty fall in love...'
 
 
AFI - Love Like Winter
 
"She wanted love/ I tasted blood...'
 

 
So, there you go! Tomorrow's (last) portion of the list will be about Destructive Love (yes, I know some of today's could've gone in there - shhh.)
 
 
 
Like This Post? Try this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? I love comments! Talk to me nerdlets!